For the following courses an admission examination is required:
- Main courses:
- Recorder (Form, Tol)
- Chamber music
- Afternoon courses:
- Oratorio romano
- Chamber music
Students who will not pass the admission exam may choose to enroll in an other course or to be refunded of the registration fee. Courses are started when a minimun number of eight subscriptions are received. In each class a limited number of students will be admitted. Requests exceeding the maximum allowed number will be held in a waiting list. Admission exam, are scheduled at the date/hour specified in the course page on this site. The admission in the main courses classes is anyway subject to the judgment of the teacher
Auditors: it is possible to attend one or more courses as auditor. Auditors are not admitted in dance classes.
Chamber music: Main courses
How to enroll:
- Please indicate on the registration form the teacher chosen and your instrument
- In case of formed groups, please indicate the names of other members of the group
- Send an audio/video recording of a solo performance, without editing cuts, by www.wetransfer.com or report via email a Youtube (or other platform) a link to a performance demonstrating your technical and musical level.
- The videos must be received by 07/15/2016. For those not sending the video or sending too late it will be possible take an admission exam on the 07/17 morning in the teacher’s class. The material will be viewed in order to form classes as homogeneous as possible.
Chamber music: Afternoon course
How to enroll:
- Please indicate your instrument on the registration form
- In the case of formed groups, please indicate the names of the other members of the group
- Send an audio/video recording of a solo performance, without editing cuts, by www.wetransfer.com or report via email a Youtube (or other platform) a link to a performance demonstrating your technical and musical level. The material will be viewed in order to form classes as homogeneous as possible.
- In the email or e WeTransfer message, optionally indicate your preference for a chamber music course or a teacher. The organization will try to fulfill your preferences but reserves the right to assign the students in the classes in order to form homogeneous groups from the qualitative and musical point of view.
- The videos must be received by 07/15/2016. For those not sending the video or sending too late it will be possible to take an admission exam on the 07/16/ from 16.30 to 18.30.
Clic here to read the chamber music regulation.
48th Urbino Early Music Festival
For those enrolled in the courses listed here there is the possibility to participate in the concerts of the 48th Early Music Festival and other events.
Baroque Orchestra Barocca (July 24, 2016)
Alfredo Bernardini, conductor
- J.F.Fasch (1688-1758): Ouverture in Si bemolle maggiore à 2. Chori ~ Fwv K:B 1
- Carlo Tessarini (1690-1766): Ouverture e sinfonie per orchestra
- Francesco Geminiani (1687-1762): Concerto grosso sopra l’opera V n.12 “La Follia” di Arcangelo Corelli
Medieva Music (July 24, 2016)
Ensemble laReverdie, Claudia Caffagni, conductor
Ars cantus mensurabilis: The triumph of polyphony in XIII cent. France
Music by Perotinus Magnus and French anonimous composers
A medieval lute, a gothic medieval harp, a medieval double harp, a clavicytherium and two portative organs will be made available for the participants.
Roman Oratorios (July 26, 2016)
Alessandro Quarta, conductor
Music by Virgilio Mazzocchi and G. Francesco Anerio
The work of the three courses is aimed at creating a concert of the Urbino Early Music Festival.
Admission to the three courses listed above is subject to an audition. The choice of singers and instrumentalists who participate in the concerts will be assigned respectively to M° Bernardini al M° Caffagni e al M° Quarta.
Students will participate to the concerts for free. FIMA will issue a certificate of participation for legal use.
Armonie al crepuscolo
The best chamber music groups will participate in the Armonie al crepuscolo, realized in the spaces provided by the City of Urbino.
For participation in the concerts of the Festival and Armonie al crepuscolo it is required a concert suit (black shirt and pants for men, dark suits for women).
Lectures: are scheduled for the afternoon conference. The program is being finalized.
Folk dances: The folk dances teacher will organize open space folk dance evenings.
Music stands: all students of the instrumental and vocal courses will need to bring their own music stand.
Changes to the program: it is the faculty of FIMA to change the program if necessary and cancel some of the planned courses. In this case it will be possible to choose an other course to ask for or full reimbursement. The courses with an insufficient number of students will be cancelled.
Cancellation of courses: where necessary, programs may be changed and classes cancelled. In this case it will be possible to change the course or to ask for total refund.
Disputes: Any dispute, will be submitted to the courts of Rome